iWork Converter Manual
iWork Converter can facilitate the conversion of iWork file format to Microsoft Office format and pdf format.
- There are at least 5 steps required to manually convert iWork files, but only one step is required in iWork Converter, and its advantages are more obvious in batch conversion.
- You can send the converted files as Email attachments. If users don't want to keep too many files, they can delete them with one click.
Converting iWork files
- Drag and drop the iWork files to be converted to the main interface of iWork Converter to perform conversion.
- You can also perform conversion by dragging and dropping the files to be converted onto the Dock icon of iWork Converter.
- You can select the files to be converted in the tool bar.
When iWork Converter receives the files, it will invoke iWork and open the files successively and then convert them into the desired format.
The appropriate iWork software, such as Pages, Numbers or Keynote, must be installed before performing the conversion.
Processing output files
When the conversion process is complete, iWork Converter will show the result of the conversion, and you can:
- Show the files in Finder.
- Send the files as attachments.
- Delete the files.
When an error occurs in the process of conversion, the cause of the error will be displayed.
Supported file formats
Supported input file formats:
- Pages 4.x, 5.x.
- Numbers 2.x, 3.2.
- Keynote 5.x, 6.x.
Supported output file formats:
- Output Pages in doc, docx or pdf format.
- Output Numbers in xls, xlsx or pdf format.
- Output Keynote in ppt or pdf format.
Click "Prefernces" button to enter the Setup screen.
- Output Folder: you can select an output directory where all the converted files will be outputted. If "Output to the directory in which the source file resides" is selected, the output file will be stored in the same directory as the input file.
- Pages setup: you can set up the output format of pages files. Note that docx files are only supported by Pages 6 or above version.
- Numbers setup: you can set up the output format of Numbers files.
- Keynote setup: you can set up the output format of Keynote files.
After purchasing this product and receiving a registration code, you can click the "Register" button on the tool bar to register. Please contact us if you have any problem in registration.
Frequently asked questions
- Can the computer screen be turned off in the process of conversion?
Yes, it can, and this will not affect the conversion. If Mac goes to sleep or hibernation in the process of conversion, the conversion process will continue when it is activated.
- Can we operate other software in the process of conversion?
In the course of conversion, iWork Converter needs iWork software to open the files, and operating other software may interfere with iWork Converter, causing it unable to complete the conversion. Try not to operate Mac during the conversion, in particular, do not operate iWork.
- Does it support Numbers 3.x files?
Yes, iWork Converter support Numbers 3.2.
- If a new version of iWork is released, can this software be normally operated in the new version of iWork?
We've been following the upgrade of iWork and making efforts to support the latest version of iWork. If we have a new version of iWork Converter, we will provide the registered users with free upgrade.